Monday, June 11, 2012

kylie minogue 04

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

Kylie Edmond is a singer/songwriter whose music falls into the Pop/Rock genres, Kylie likes to call it "sunshine smitten rock." Kylie Edmond grew up in Western Australia and took her musical career to New York City, where she now resides. Kylie's 2008 EP, "Weak" as well as her new 2009 single "Mine for the Day" have both received great reviews.

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

Kylie says that her major influences musically have been ABBA, Alanis Morissette, Kylie Minogue, Mark Lizotte, Michelle Branch, Sheryl Crow, so many more. She adds, "In my life, my inspirations are my family, friends and anyone who astounds me, shocks me, makes me laugh or cry. Also dogs!"

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked Kylie, "Who has supported you the most throughout your career?" Kylie responded, "I've had so much support so this is not an easy question to answer!! My family are amazing. I left Australia to come to NYC for music. That's a huge sacrifice on everyone's part. They had to "let me go" in order to follow my dreams. So, I'd say considering they still talk to me and send me B'day presents...they win that award."

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked Kylie, What inspired her to make music?" She said, "I was always into performing, back in the day, dance and acting. I was that kid who went into "show" when the fridge was opened and the light went on. I wrote my first song at 10. I can still remember most of it. Shockingly bad and brilliant all at once. But I didn't REALLY get serious about songwriting till about 2 or 3 years ago. I guess the inspiration comes from a place where I can't NOT write. I love the process of starting off with an idea and seeing it through to final production. That amazes me."

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I then asked Kylie, "What are the main themes for most of your songs?" She said, "Ha! My Mum says I never write about love in a positive way...she's right. They are all about one night stands, affairs, being a hooker, never getting the one you want, and even if you get the one you want they don't turn out to be what you wanted anyway. Since moving to NYC my songs have definitely become more edgy in content. The songs I perform (& can't afford to record yet) are all pretty sassy, and it seems to go over well since I'm seriously not that sassy in real life! I've never been a hooker....let me stress that!"

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I continued, "Do you think these topics will change over time?" Kylie said, "I'm sure! Though I haven't written that love song yet....it may be out there. My new song "Mine For The Day" is about your partner having an open affair, but you wait for that person all night and love them when you can all day, till they leave again. So, for now there's no normal love song."

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked, "What do you feel are the ingredients of a good song?" Kylie said, "They say if a song can be played raw, just guitar and vocals, and it still sounds great without all the production, then you have a hot song. Think of John Lennon "Imagine". It can be played in its simplest form and it's still brilliant. I know some ingredients like a hot hook, great lyrics and a vibe are important. But a brilliant song has some sort of magic. I don't know what exactly that magic is....but I want it!! I'm trying to crack the code!"

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked, "What has been your biggest challenge thus far as a musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?" Kylie replied, "Well, first up I don't know if I can call myself a musician. I've been learning guitar for only two and a half years and while I play out and play every day.....until I know as many chords as Hendrix I don't think I can truthfully call myself a muso. But in saying that I'd say the challenge is an every day one. It's being all of the jobs at once. Writer, manager, singer, stylist, promoter, assistant, booker and more. You really have two things going at once, the business and the creative. You have to be able to do both until you can afford to hire someone else! So, it's like having two full time jobs on top of the full time day job I already have! I just try to manage my time very well by sticking to a project and setting priorities. Though it can be very overwhelming at times. So...getting some sleep...that's the major challenge."

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked, "If you could change anything in your past, musically, would you? And if so, what?" Kylie replied, "I'd have learned an instrument at a young age and started writing seriously then too. With only a couple of years behind me I'm trying to catch up!!

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked, "How have listeners responded to your music?" Kylie said, "I perform regularly in and around NYC. Though NYC people are thought of as jaded since they have so much at their fingertips, I've found the audiences to be very kind and receptive. A really great listening crowd who want to hear what your songs are about and they enjoy participating too. I get the audience involved as much as I can with clapping or singing along, or handing out percussion instruments for them to play while I sing. And of course certain songs strike certain people. It's terrific to chat with people after a show and hear that a song really affected them in a funny or meaningful way.

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked Kylie what she wants the listener to get out of her music and she said, "A little sunshine rock. Girls can be girlie and still rock."

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

Kylie's most memorable venue has been as she says, "Believe it or not, the NYC subway. Why? I didn't get mugged, a little girl danced to my song and I got "the eye" from a cute little old man."

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

Kylie Edmond's musical goals for the remainder of 2009 are to play out as much as possible, write and record new songs and hopefully to have one of her songs aired on a television program or even in a movie. She adds, "That'll require some bubbly!!"

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height

I asked Kylie if she has any upcoming upcoming gigs in the northeast and she said, "As far north I'm going is Mahopac NY in the summer....BUT I'd LOVE to do a mini tour. I produce a female singer/songwriter series called "Girls Rock the Night" and we definitely do rock in the sassiest of ways. We are packing out venues in NYC and I think it's time we went on the road. Anyone want us to play at their venue?"

kylie minogue

kylie minogue,kylie minogue,kylie minogue songs,kylie minogue discography,kylie minogue locomotion,kylie minogue anti tour,kylie minogue aphrodite,kylie minogue lyrics,kylie minogue get outta my way lyrics,kylie minogue love at first sight,kylie minogue height